8th to 9th Grade Scheduling Information for 2020-2021
- PHS Course Selection Book
- January 3, 2020 All 8th grade students will visit PHS to hear department presentations
- January 6, 2020 High school counselors will visit OMS/SMS to present scheduling information and process to 8th grade students, students receive copy of Course Registration Booklet
- January 6, 2020 Parent Night Presentation at PHS 7:00 pm
- January 13-17, 2020 Students review core teacher recommendations and review elective course requests
- January 21-28, 2020 8th Grade Counselors check for missing course selections
- January 29 - February 20, 2020
- February 21, 2020 8th grade Verification Forms are sent home to parent through HAC
- February 21-26 8th grade parents review selected courses and contacts guidance with changes, if needed
- 8th to 9th Grade PowerPoint Presentation
6th to 7th and 7th to 8th Grade Scheduling
It is very important for parents of all students but especially 6th and 7th grade parents to be sure they know their login information for home access. Parents of 6th and 7th grade students will need this login information to select courses online. February 11 through February 20 Home Access will be open for parent review of teacher recommendations. If parents use their child’s information they will not be able to access the teacher recommendations and to select courses. If you do not know your parent login information please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for help. Thank you!
6th to 7th grade Parents’ Night for the 2020-21 school year is January 8th, 2020 at 7 pm in the OMS auditorium. Beginning February 3 through February 10, counselors will be presenting the scheduling process and options to current 6th and 7th graders. Below is the link to the Power Point that will be shown.
Home Access will be open for parents to review teacher recommendations and enter course requests. Below is the link to review the power point which will be presented to 7th grade students in February 2020.
5th to 6th Grade Parent Night Presentation February 12, 2020
All requests for a schedule change for the 2020- 2021 school year must be made prior to the end of the current school year. Students may pick up a Drop/Add form from the guidance office. A parent signature is required.
PERFORMING MUSIC COURSE CHANGES (BAND/CHORUS/ORCHESTRA)
Any student wishing to drop or change a performing music course will have until the last day of September to complete the performing course change form and return it to the guidance office.
Students are required to secure a parent signature and the performing music teacher signature on the performing course change form prior to submitting the form to the guidance office.